Breastfeeding Services at ABC Pediatrics
Breastfeeding is the biological norm. As a mother, your body is designed to grow and sustain life and ultimately provide the nutrition needed during the early years of your child’s life. Every mother’s breast milk is “made to order” specifically for her child and is a living fluid that provides unique nutrients that helps babies grow the best physically and developmentally.
Research has shown breastmilk is protective against:
- Ear infections
- Upper and lower respiratory infections
- Stomach illnesses
- Certain childhood cancers
- Childhood cavities
Research has shown breastfeeding mothers have reduced risks of:
- Breast cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Heart disease
Breastfeeding is the biological norm, but is it always easy? Not always. At ABC Pediatrics, we understand the impact breastfeeding has on infants, mothers, and families. We are committed to helping you begin your breastfeeding journey and will remain by your side every step of the way.
- We offer one on one consultations with our breastfeeding specialist at the newborn appointment and will continue to work with you at all follow up appointments while breastfeeding.
- Telehealth appointments for breastfeeding concerns.
- Dedicated after hours support for breastfeeding concerns.
Stephanie Glover, LPN, IBCLC (Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
Pumping is breastfeeding too! As a pumping mama, you have access to all our resources as well as:
- Assistance in pump selection based on needs
- Flange fittings
- Frequent follow ups as needed
- Development of pumping plan individualized to your needs
Using breastmilk and formula?
Combination feeding is an option that works well for some families and every drop of breast milk counts! All our resources are available to you to ensure you are able to meet your feeding goals.
- Prenatal classes - Online and in person options
- New Mom/Parent support group
- Monthly Blog Post