It’s School Preparation Time at ABC Pediatrics!
Our staff is READY to help school-age students complete all the requirements for their health assessments for the 2023 – 2024 School Year!
Every year we face a flood of appointment requests in the two to three weeks leading up to the first day of school for physicals, medication management, and immunization updates. Unfortunately, we cannot often accommodate the last minute requests because our providers schedules fill up quickly as the new school year approaches.
Why would I do this now!?
If you come in now, it's a major step out of the way when school is closing in, taking this off your plate.
If any potential issues arise from the checkup, you've got more time to resolve them!
Because patients are less sick during the summer months, our providers are less busy at the moment. This ensures you will be able to schedule with who you want to see, and most likely, choose the time and day that works best for your family.
Insurance companies are becoming very strict about ensuring patients get preventative services every year. Summertime is the absolute best opportunity to get this requirement taken care of.
Not sure when your child is due for a physical or a maintenance visit? Our staff is available to check your child’s visit history, immunization status, and discuss just what he/she may need for the upcoming school year.
Call TODAY! (910) 892-1333
Below is a list of services provided by our ABC Pediatrics’ Health Care Team that may be performed to ensure he/she is ready for school!
- Check to see how tall he/she is
- Check his/her weight
- Check his/her Blood Pressure
- Obtain a urine specimen and a small sample of blood from him/her for lab testing
- Test his/her hearing
- Check his/her ability to see by performing acuity and depth perception vision assessments
- Review responses to age-appropriate questions to evaluate and confirm his/her readiness for school
- Review current medication regimens and if needed, provide refills
- Perform an EKG (measures heart activity)
- Perform Spirometry (lung capacity and function) test
- Perform a complete physical exam to make sure he/she is healthy
- Make recommendations that will allow for the best possible school year performance
- Administer any necessary and required vaccines
- Complete his/her required school forms
- Give stickers, hugs and best wishes to him/her for a fantastic year in school!