NEW PHASE EFFECTIVE Monday, March 1st 2021
OFFICE HOURS: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am until 4:15pm
As we become more familiar with COVID-19 and the impact on our community, ABC Pediatrics is continuing the evolution of our approach in caring for the health care needs of our patients. We remain committed to ensuring patients receive well care, medication management, mental health care and allergy immunotherapy, while still maintaining service for our sick patients during this ever changing COVID-19 environment. Our process is described below.
ALL persons requesting entrance to our building are being screened by our clinical personnel utilizing COVID-19 CDC guidelines. A front entry screener will ensure the following questions are appropriately answered before a guest may enter the main entrance.
Exposure to COVID19?
Anyone at home been TESTED for COVID in the past 14 days?
Fever in the last 72 hours?
Cough in the last 72 hours?
Shortness of breath?
Loss of Taste or Smell?
Have you been to the ER for any of the above symptoms in the last 10 days?
- ROUTINE MEDICAL CARE: Patients who are cleared by the screening process will be directed to the front office for check-in processing. A specified waiting area will be reserved for newborns and infants. However, patients that DO NOT clear the screening process WILL NOT be permitted in the main entrance. Options for care include, changing the appointment to a sick or telehealth visit or rescheduling the appointment. All patients over the age of two will be required to wear a face mask.
- SICK CARE: Provider/Nurse teams are designated daily for our SICK CLINIC. Call 910-892-1333 for an appointment time. Sick patients are processed through a different building entrance and isolated to a specific area of the building. All patients over the age of two will be required to wear a face mask.
- TELEPHONIC & VIRTUAL CALLS: Patients needing provider advice and/or medication management but do not pass screening can maintain their child’s healthcare needs by scheduling a telehealth visit when appropriate. Telehealth (video call) appointments can be coordinated with the patient’s primary care provider by calling 910-892-1333.
- MENTAL HEALTH CARE: Our mental health department is fully staffed. Counselors are providing face to face sessions or connecting to patients via telehealth (video call). For scheduling, questions or additional information, please call our Mental Health Department directly at 910-892-1333, ext 2277 and speak with Maria or Victoria.
- ALLERGY DEPARTMENT: We will continue to support our patients receiving IN-OFFICE allergy injections on your regularly scheduled visits. For scheduling, questions or additional information, please call our Allergy Department directly at 910-892-1333, ext 2241 and speak with Sandra or Jennifer.
Your patience, support, and continued trust in what we do here at ABC PEDIATRICS are sincerely appreciated.