ABC Pediatrics recognizes that the need for mental health services in North Carolina and across the country is huge. The health care team at ABC Pediatrics is committed to staying on top of the latest issues facing children, adolescents and young adults. Early detection and prevention is essential and their utmost priority.
What is ABC Pediatrics doing about the mental health crisis in 2013?
1. ABC Pediatrics is proud to provide a very streamlined process of providing screening, counseling and treatment for patients with all types of behavioral, school related, emotional and crisis problems.
2. ABC Pediatrics’ provider staff is committed to efficiently responding to crisis situations during office hours as well as through their after hours service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. ABC Pediatrics was among the first pediatric offices in North Carolina to offer the latest in-office, tele-health, psychiatric consultations. The sessions are video-chat style with a live Psychiatrist. The tele-psych visits are very convenient for patients and their parents.
4. ABC Pediatrics has the only FDA-cleared ADHD testing equipment available on site. For patients as young as 6 years old, the test is a quick and easy way of accurately and objectively measuring the primary symptoms associated with ADHD.
5. ABC Pediatrics is pleased to have two specialists dedicated to serving the needs of patients requiring mental health services in all capacities.
Michael Martin, a full-time, in-office Licensed Clinical Social Worker, with over 22 years experience in the mental health field, as a member of our health care team. Mr. Martin is an integral part in the treatment and management of our patients with behavioral issues, such as ADHD, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and conduct disorders. He has been well received and praised for his work with adolescents. He is also well skilled in family counseling and is flexible in scheduling these meetings.
Melanie G. Crumpler, a full time, in-office Licensed Clinical Social Worker has over 10 years of experience in the mental health field. She earned her Master’s Degree in Social Work from The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1994. Melanie has experience in various areas of social work. She ran a homeless shelter for adolescent girls in inner-city Detroit; worked as a Child Protective Service Social Worker; has done forensic interviewing; and has spent the last 10 years providing out-patient mental health to children and families. Also a vital member of the health care team at ABC Pediatrcs, Melanie’s areas of specialty include diagnosing and treating trauma due to abuse and neglect; helping children overcome anxiety and depression; and working with children and families affected by autism spectrum disorders.
Call us today for more information about our services.